Monday, August 27, 2007

I love Mondays!

I actually look forward to Mondays, especially 11:30 a.m. on Mondays! That's when I get to pay a visit to two of my favorite friends, Janusz and Nancy. Janusz Mazon is the man responsible for keeping my beat up, tired ole body on the bike and pedaling week after week. I am not a woman of many frills and treats, but this is one luxury I allow myself in which to indulge. It is not really an indulgence, but rather a necessity.





After years of mountain biking abuse and 2 unfortunate encounters with cars, chronic pains and injuries slowly ate away at my ability to ride at the level to which I was accustom. Over the course of 10 yrs, I have been through a long list of chiropractors, orthopaedists, physical therapists, and massage therapists. Each one helped to a degree, but the injuries always returned.

Janusz has been the light at the end of the tunnel I've been searching for all these years! Even though he is Ballet Master with the Georgia Ballet, he still finds time to run a successful chiropractic practice. Having spent the better part of his life as a professional dancer; principal dancer with the Hamburg Ballet and touring extensively around the world, I figured he could relate to me as an athlete. It has made all the difference! No, this is not a commercial. I'm just a happy camper.






So every weekend, I thrash my body to the limit knowing that Janusz will work those kinked up muscles right
back into place. He's better than any massage therapist I've ever had, and I've been to many. But what really pleases me is how much I've learned from him; serious stretching that has made a huge difference, and strengthening exercises. He has armed me with knowledge to help myself, so that I can take responsibility for my body to help avoid these chronic issues that have plagued me for so long. Yea, I love Mondays!

Mondays I also get to ride recovery pace. I can do whatever I want. Today I took out the Euro bike for one last spin. I entertained myself by taking pictures with the new camera we bought for the trip and trying to find any flowers that had survived the present heatwave.







Thanks to our lovely "Comet" trail, I can ride through neighborhoods and on to the trail all the way to the mountain without a huge fear of getting hit by a car. It took my 2 accidents before they decided it was worth putting it in, but that's better than no trail.






This delightful Monday was capped off with a surprise visit from some ole cycling buddies that have moved away to Asheville. Back in town with a new baby, we got to hook up for dinner. I miss my riding buds, but we still have fantastic memories of epic rides, trips, and races. Now there's a new generation of mtn bikers on the horizon!

Karen and Marvin's new addition, lil Max.



Don and Terri's slugger, Jack.


Here's to happy Mondays!

2 comments:

Namrita O'Dea said...

Seeing my chiro has done a world of good for me. It's the best!!

Karen and Max look great! What a cutie :)

Cam said...

The links are great!